Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Don't leave me standing here, I can't get used to this lifestyle"

This is the last line to one of my favorite Talking Heads songs.  It's an exploration of a return to nature and the whole deal being rather disappointing.  Sometimes I wonder if the quotes on the wall are merely lines taken out of context or taken from context with the rest of the song in mind.  Is this a Kaufman's employee longing for the fabric factory to be dessimated?  Is it merely that they were tired of the working day to day?  Were the also perhaps grappling with the balance of urban comforts and nature? The happy nature of this song along with its discontentment in Eden is clearly an entrancing piece of work..

Nothing But Flowers, by The Talking Heads


While looking for the song on YouTube, I came across a mockumentary inspired by this song as well.
If you have 10 more minutes to kill online, this is well worth it;

No comments: